On Easter weekend, in between church, enjoying the sunny outdoors with the pup, cleaning, and family lunch, I was in a baking frenzy. A while back I had purchased King Arthur Flour's Unbleached Whole Wheat Flour and a small package of their organic unbleached all-purpose flour. After searching for several weeks for yeast-free recipes, not being content with what I was finding and wanting to make, I caved and picked up instant yeast from Aldi. After scouring Pinterest and Google, I stumbled on a recipe for Honey Oat Whole Wheat Bread. Oh. My. Gosh. Not only was this an easy recipe to follow, but the smell as it was baking...so good. I ended up making 2 loaves, of course the 2nd turned out much better than the first (which is great because it wasn't for me!) Making this without a KitchenAid or hand mixer made me a tad bit nervous initially. BUT, I figured if my great-grandmother could make killer/famous multi-grain bread without a mixer, I can make a little loaf of Honey O...
Comments
Post a Comment