Before the World Encroaches...

So, tonight was F.A.T. Don't ask me what it stands for, because I don't remember. Basically what it is an extra night of worship. It occurs on Thursday's from 9:30pm-approx. 11:30pm. Tonight was "Invisible Children: Tony". We had Roadies and David, a Ugandan LRA escapee. After the premiere of the Tony movie, David's talk, and the regional manager of his teams speech, we had an amazing worship session.

During the video and David's speech, my heart kept breaking. But then I found out that Invisible Children is starting up a new program in the D.R. Congo (which is now where Joseph Kony is attacking, as well as the Sudan), and they are doing 3 things with that: the protection plan, early warning radio station, and rehabilitation.

I have, in I'd say the past 2 months, strongly been considering my role in the grand scheme of things. As noted in my last post, I have felt lost, unsettled, unsure, you name it, as to what my future will hold and the purpose I have in this world. I know everyone thinks they are destined for greatness or that we all think we're going to have some huge impact on the world. I too have felt that, and still do. However, I have questioned my ability to do something important in the lives of others and the world around me.

Tonight, for this first time since my return from India, is the first time I have felt any real sense of peace. I have been contemplating working with children who have been through horrific/traumatic situations, but it has mostly (in my mind) been a possible momentary fancy. I sensed for the first time in a while what direction I am to take with my life.

The Invisible Children organization was first introduced to me last year, when they showed the Invisible Children rough cut edition here at TIU. Every since then I have been drawn to that organization, but not until the past few months have I really been keen on it. Then tonight when they mentioned that they are creating rehabilitation centers that will partner with local churches in the Congo, did I feel a real, concrete sense of purpose. I have had a glimmer, a small window, opened to me. Now, I am going to be intensely praying about this direction I feel/sense God pulling me. I want to make sure that it is, first and foremost, God calling me to this and not my emotions. Also, I want to make sure that it is a direction I can take here at TIU (with the dual-degree program).

I would greatly appreciate any and all prayer at this point. I need wisdom, clarity of mind, and a lot of answers to A LOT of questions. Just thinking about it all now, I feel that sense of panic starting to rise within me, and it is a fight to push it away and focus on God. But I know what He said to me, 7 words to be exact: "You know what you have to do." I pray that I do, and that I will go in the direction that He is calling me.

That's all for now. I'm tired, but my mind is racing-go figure.
Don't let this fire inside die.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long time, no write

Easter Baking Frenzy

Timelines