Long time, no write

I am BACK!

I can no longer use the excuse of graduate school and internship and moving twice in six months as reasons not to keep up with my Blog.

So, quick update: board certification exam passed (Nov '15), graduated from grad school (April '16,) moved back home & took a part-time music therapy job & weekend receptionist job while job searching for a full-time (April-June '16), went from a FL girl back to a MI girl when I got my full-time position (Nov '16), and I now have a dog (Nov '16).

Originally I had created this blog to document my world travels; I had huge aspirations. I am slowly realizing that "Going Somewhere" doesn't necessarily have to be a physical journey, but can be a mental, emotional, or spiritual journey as well. While I may not be exploring the ends of the Earth in my current stage of life, I am exploring myself and my new role as an "official adult."

As an "official adult" my thoughts are occupied with (even more) about finances, being responsible for something other than myself, and what I'm going to make for dinner after a long day of work. In the grand scheme of things, it's not anything drastic, but navigating my new role in life is presenting challenges unique for my personality. What do I mean by this? I am a worrier. It's something I've struggled with since I was a child, and God help me (honest prayer!) I continue to work on resting in the knowledge that I have the ultimate Provider. [I'd say 90% of the time, that awareness keeps me sane and chill.]

Now, as I navigate this new stage of life I hope to post a variety of things that relate to "Going Somewhere" in the ever changing process of LIFE itself. Lately I've been all about instagramming (find me @kyjc) my latest cooking adventures and outdoor adventures with my pup. I'd like to start posting some of my recipes I've found and morphed to fit my situation (aka "What ingredients to I have and what's going bad?") Also, be prepared for the random posts about my outdoor adventures with the pup (#wrigleypup #wrigleysadventures).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Baking Frenzy

Take the Wheel - Please!