Journal Entry: 12/30/10 India 2:30am Day 1
Here's the beginning of the journal entries that I promised:
Well, we've officially been in India for almost 3 hours now. I feel disgusting and look disgusting, but boy does it feel good to be here. We will be in Chennai until tomorrow morning. Then it's a 7 hour train ride and about a 2 hour car ride to our destination (IREF). It still hasn't hit me yet; it all feels so surreal.
So the flight to Frankfurt I watched several movies and wrote out my "testimony." During our 3 hour layover (I still don't know where I got 6 from...) I spent $7 (4.50 euros) on a bottle of water! I'm so tired of sitting! The flight to India I slept 5+ hours and watched another movie.
We got to spend half a day touring around Chennai. I hope to find some little gifts for the people back home, but we'll see. Tonight (and tomorrow night) we're staying at the YWCA. [Now that I think about it, it was only 1.5 days we were at the YWCA.] The decorations outside are so pretty (giant stars that are all lit up) and balloons. Then the inside has Christmas decorations everywhere. Emily just got out of the shower and apparently it's rather cold water! Oh dear! I'm just ready to get settled for the next 10 days :) a little stability/routine wouldn't be to bad ;)
Going to shower and then going to sleep!
Well, we've officially been in India for almost 3 hours now. I feel disgusting and look disgusting, but boy does it feel good to be here. We will be in Chennai until tomorrow morning. Then it's a 7 hour train ride and about a 2 hour car ride to our destination (IREF). It still hasn't hit me yet; it all feels so surreal.
So the flight to Frankfurt I watched several movies and wrote out my "testimony." During our 3 hour layover (I still don't know where I got 6 from...) I spent $7 (4.50 euros) on a bottle of water! I'm so tired of sitting! The flight to India I slept 5+ hours and watched another movie.
We got to spend half a day touring around Chennai. I hope to find some little gifts for the people back home, but we'll see. Tonight (and tomorrow night) we're staying at the YWCA. [Now that I think about it, it was only 1.5 days we were at the YWCA.] The decorations outside are so pretty (giant stars that are all lit up) and balloons. Then the inside has Christmas decorations everywhere. Emily just got out of the shower and apparently it's rather cold water! Oh dear! I'm just ready to get settled for the next 10 days :) a little stability/routine wouldn't be to bad ;)
Going to shower and then going to sleep!
Comments
Post a Comment