Long Time...No Read?
So, it's been a while since I've posted anything here.
What's up? How's it going? Anything new in your life?
My answer, off the cuff would be, "Nope. Not much new here."
If you want a deeper, non-surfacey (yes I just created that word) response, I would say: "You have no idea."
I am technically a sophomore in college, but due to my class load I'm a junior. At this point, one would imagine that I have everything figured out, or at least some sort of plan. As a matter of fact, I don't!
Ever since my return from India, I've felt like my world has gone a tad Topsy-turvey. I was so sure that the path I'd chosen was the one God had chosen for me. Now I'm questioning my purpose, or rather the purpose of "the plan".
"What is "the plan"?" you might ask? Well....the short of it is this: I was supposed to go to school get my BA in Music (History), then at the end of my Sophomore year apply for the dual-degree program, get accepted, and get my MA in Intercultural Studies. After that-go right into the mission field, doing what? I have no idea. I like kids, but what can a music major do in the mission field. Or there's always gocorps.com. They take graduated college student right out of college, for two years (after training) and stick you in the mission field. That's always a possibility...
A dilemma now arises. The plot has thickened.
What if I double BA major? I could get a degree in Child (Trauma) counseling, or I could start taking pre-law, or pre-med. Because let's be honest here, a medical degree will be much more helpful than a simple music degree. Ahhh, but then I am in school for an even longer period of time! So should I drop out? No! Because how difficult is it to get a job without a degree of some sort? Very.
But if that's what God's calling me to do, shouldn't I just take a leap of faith? Well, another question arises-what organization/denomination will you go through and where will you go?
Excellent question, my friend.
I don't have a home church anymore, and I don't know that there is one denomination I want to be under (I always have abhorred labels...).
I've been looking at some groups (ie: Samaritan's Purse, Peace Corps, etc). Some have summer internships, but then I won't be able to take summer classes or get a job during the summer.
I need to do SOMETHING!
The other day, I was at the invisible children website, and it hit me. This lack of "purpose" that I feel I have right now. I know what I want to do, but I have no idea what the correct way to go about it as of now. It's driving me nuts! Here I am, privileged enough to attend University, have nice scholarships, etc, and I'm not content. Is something wrong with me? No.
God is moving in His people. He is calling us by name, to stand up, carry the burdens/cross He has designated ours, and do something about it. The question is (as I learned in church this morning), will you take that leap of faith? Will you say: "God, I am going to completely give myself over to your will. I hand my life, which was never mine to begin with, to You. Do with me what You will." Can you do that? Can I do that? Am I brave enough, gutsy enough, or even (some might say) stupid enough to do that?
I know there are a lot of questions in this blog. I know that there are little to no answers in it. But, I highly doubt that I, or many out there have the answers to them. The only One who has the answers, is the very person I seem to be questioning. Go figure.
So...sorry for the brain ramble. I needed to get this stuff "out" of my head so I can focus on my homework. I have 2 exams, a paper, and a presentation due Wednesday. Then it's spring break (aka Choir Tour). Go me :)
What's up? How's it going? Anything new in your life?
My answer, off the cuff would be, "Nope. Not much new here."
If you want a deeper, non-surfacey (yes I just created that word) response, I would say: "You have no idea."
I am technically a sophomore in college, but due to my class load I'm a junior. At this point, one would imagine that I have everything figured out, or at least some sort of plan. As a matter of fact, I don't!
Ever since my return from India, I've felt like my world has gone a tad Topsy-turvey. I was so sure that the path I'd chosen was the one God had chosen for me. Now I'm questioning my purpose, or rather the purpose of "the plan".
"What is "the plan"?" you might ask? Well....the short of it is this: I was supposed to go to school get my BA in Music (History), then at the end of my Sophomore year apply for the dual-degree program, get accepted, and get my MA in Intercultural Studies. After that-go right into the mission field, doing what? I have no idea. I like kids, but what can a music major do in the mission field. Or there's always gocorps.com. They take graduated college student right out of college, for two years (after training) and stick you in the mission field. That's always a possibility...
A dilemma now arises. The plot has thickened.
What if I double BA major? I could get a degree in Child (Trauma) counseling, or I could start taking pre-law, or pre-med. Because let's be honest here, a medical degree will be much more helpful than a simple music degree. Ahhh, but then I am in school for an even longer period of time! So should I drop out? No! Because how difficult is it to get a job without a degree of some sort? Very.
But if that's what God's calling me to do, shouldn't I just take a leap of faith? Well, another question arises-what organization/denomination will you go through and where will you go?
Excellent question, my friend.
I don't have a home church anymore, and I don't know that there is one denomination I want to be under (I always have abhorred labels...).
I've been looking at some groups (ie: Samaritan's Purse, Peace Corps, etc). Some have summer internships, but then I won't be able to take summer classes or get a job during the summer.
I need to do SOMETHING!
The other day, I was at the invisible children website, and it hit me. This lack of "purpose" that I feel I have right now. I know what I want to do, but I have no idea what the correct way to go about it as of now. It's driving me nuts! Here I am, privileged enough to attend University, have nice scholarships, etc, and I'm not content. Is something wrong with me? No.
God is moving in His people. He is calling us by name, to stand up, carry the burdens/cross He has designated ours, and do something about it. The question is (as I learned in church this morning), will you take that leap of faith? Will you say: "God, I am going to completely give myself over to your will. I hand my life, which was never mine to begin with, to You. Do with me what You will." Can you do that? Can I do that? Am I brave enough, gutsy enough, or even (some might say) stupid enough to do that?
I know there are a lot of questions in this blog. I know that there are little to no answers in it. But, I highly doubt that I, or many out there have the answers to them. The only One who has the answers, is the very person I seem to be questioning. Go figure.
So...sorry for the brain ramble. I needed to get this stuff "out" of my head so I can focus on my homework. I have 2 exams, a paper, and a presentation due Wednesday. Then it's spring break (aka Choir Tour). Go me :)
Comments
Post a Comment