1/1/11 Day 3 9:57pm
So today there was a 10am New Year's Day service. We sang 3 or 4 songs and the last 2 were one's with motions. The kids favorite was "Yes Lord (I'm Trading...)". We wore our punjabi's to it. Apparently if you're wearing the same color as someone else you pinch them. After the service we went back and ate lunch (sweet rice and lentil's-only served on New Year's Day-and papaya) which was followed by a game of Nerds (it was my 1st time playing it, it's kind of like Dutch Blitz). Allison and I were then going to go hang with the youngers, but instead the older girls did henna/painted our nails in the compound courtyard. Pretty soon each of us girls had about 25-30 girls aroudn us, and out of that group there were 4-6 girls who "attached" themselves to us.
I quickly forgot the first 10 times the names, but I go better as it went along. Tiripathuma's name I still butcher. These girls are so sweet and shy (at least most of them are...). One girl, Durga/Lydia (most of them have 2 names), kept teasing/laughing at me and Emily. My nails are blue with purple sparkle nail polish on top. Narisha did my henna. It's not as "Indian" or as pro as some of the others, but it's still beautiful. I have so many bug bites on my legs/thighs because we sat on the courtyard stage. Becca and I both were pretty overwhelmed towards the end, that we just had to leave. I'm so exhausted and grateful. Our debrief was good, minus the fact that I kept dozing off. I can hardly keep my eyes open so I'm going to...
I quickly forgot the first 10 times the names, but I go better as it went along. Tiripathuma's name I still butcher. These girls are so sweet and shy (at least most of them are...). One girl, Durga/Lydia (most of them have 2 names), kept teasing/laughing at me and Emily. My nails are blue with purple sparkle nail polish on top. Narisha did my henna. It's not as "Indian" or as pro as some of the others, but it's still beautiful. I have so many bug bites on my legs/thighs because we sat on the courtyard stage. Becca and I both were pretty overwhelmed towards the end, that we just had to leave. I'm so exhausted and grateful. Our debrief was good, minus the fact that I kept dozing off. I can hardly keep my eyes open so I'm going to...
Comments
Post a Comment