Chickpea Noodles, How I Love Thee
For dinner last night, I decided to make "pasta". Unfortunately, pasta and bread often = the archnemesis of my curvaceous self (thank you Italian heritage for my child-bearing hips and carb-loving self.) SO thanks to my mom, I have found an alternative noodle (other than a whole wheat noodle) that packs the protein in while satisfying the noodle-need. To add a bit of meat to the meal, I pulled small, pre-seasoned pork tenderloins.
I cooked my noodles first. While the water was boiling and the oven was heating up, I grabbed my fresh ingredients. When the water had come to a boil, I put my chickpea noodles in, and started my veggie prep. I grabbed some fresh thyme from my little herb garden, chopped up fresh garlic, and mushrooms, mini-sweet pepper (orange), cherry tomatoes, and finished off a bag of fresh spinach that was starting to go bad.
I also was craving a creamy-tomato pasta sauce, but didn't want to indulge in the high-fat of cream. How did I solve my little dilemma? I took some red sauce (Organic tomato basil pasta sauce, compliments of Aldi), added a dash of 1/2 and 1/2 creamer.
Once the noodles were done, put in the colander w/cold water to stop the cooking process, and left to drain. It was time to make my sauce.
I placed the spinach and garlic in what was previously my noodle pot, and let them cook to together for 1-3 minutes. Once the spinach started to shrink, I added in my mushrooms. Next, I poured in maybe 2/3 cup (eye ball...) of tomato basil sauce. Several taps of my dry basil. Add in about a tablespoon of 1/2 and 1/2. Mix for 2 minutes. Add in peppers. Mix for about 5 minutes.
Grab a bowl, put desired amount of noodles, and put your sauce on top. I followed the sauce with my fresh cut cherry tomatoes as a "garnish", and put my little pork tenderloin on the side.
All in all it took maybe 30 minutes to make this delish meal. To complete it's deliciousness, I added a glass of red wine, and followed with a orange and mixed nuts for dessert.

Talk about YUM! And I made enough for leftovers, which will help me out during the busy work week ahead.
I cooked my noodles first. While the water was boiling and the oven was heating up, I grabbed my fresh ingredients. When the water had come to a boil, I put my chickpea noodles in, and started my veggie prep. I grabbed some fresh thyme from my little herb garden, chopped up fresh garlic, and mushrooms, mini-sweet pepper (orange), cherry tomatoes, and finished off a bag of fresh spinach that was starting to go bad.
Once the noodles were done, put in the colander w/cold water to stop the cooking process, and left to drain. It was time to make my sauce.
I placed the spinach and garlic in what was previously my noodle pot, and let them cook to together for 1-3 minutes. Once the spinach started to shrink, I added in my mushrooms. Next, I poured in maybe 2/3 cup (eye ball...) of tomato basil sauce. Several taps of my dry basil. Add in about a tablespoon of 1/2 and 1/2. Mix for 2 minutes. Add in peppers. Mix for about 5 minutes.
Grab a bowl, put desired amount of noodles, and put your sauce on top. I followed the sauce with my fresh cut cherry tomatoes as a "garnish", and put my little pork tenderloin on the side.
All in all it took maybe 30 minutes to make this delish meal. To complete it's deliciousness, I added a glass of red wine, and followed with a orange and mixed nuts for dessert.
Talk about YUM! And I made enough for leftovers, which will help me out during the busy work week ahead.
Comments
Post a Comment