Year 1 Complete

I have finished my first year of my graduate equivalency program. Next week my summer classes begin. So, what have I done with myself during these two weeks off? Well lucky me my dad had business in Destin, FL; my family arranged a rare family vacation around his conference and my last week of school. I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with them, but was also glad to return home at the end of the week to some semblance of a routine. This last week of break has been dedicated to internship applications and beginning the process of packing my apartment up for the move to my new "home". After ten months of living by myself, I will gradually be 'reintroduced' to life with roommates and eventually end up with three of us in an apartment. It will be an interesting experience.

This whole internship application process has put somewhat of a strain on me. I am only able to apply to three sites in a year, and I keep doubting my third choice (it's been back-and-forth between Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Florida Hospital Orlando). Both are tough to get into, and my mental pro's and con's list has not been as helpful as it normally is. Praying about the decision has not yielded the peace it usually does, either. I noticed that I had found several excuses, most of which were legitimate, in order to put off the decision process. However, if I do not want to hurt my chances and my future I have to face another uncertainty in my life and plow ahead.

As I have been working at being assertive and taking on more and more responsibility as an adult, I have been given...opportunities, to improve myself and work on these areas. Isn't it funny, how when we decide what we want to improve upon, the amount of situations and opportunities that arise to do so? With that being said: My goal is to get these application done by Saturday and that means all I'll have left is an audition DVD to put together for my CCH application.

One thing I am certain about and have unwavering faith in is that this is what I am supposed to do with my life. It is not an easy profession I am pursuing, but from the experiences I have had so far with the various practicum and community opportunities - even the difficult one's - it is (and will be) one of the most rewarding and fulfilling things I could have chosen to do with my life and my talents. I hope I can continue to honor those who continue to support me, the One who has given me the gifts and passion for this, and the career itself as I move forward in this stage of my life, education, and training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long time, no write

Easter Baking Frenzy

Timelines