Meeting #1
We had our first meeting yesterday morning, and so far things look promising.
The airline we'll be using is Luftansa. I've heard it's a pretty good company, so I'm not too worried. (Not that I was in the first place, seeing as I LOVE flying!) We will be flying out of O'Hare to Frankfurt. After a 4.5 hr layover we will then go fly from Frankfurt to Chennai. Total combined flight time is: 17 hrs and 35 minutes. (Any suggestions for jet lag prevention will be more than welcome!)
Apparently last year the minute the India Team arrived, they had a 6 hour church service to jump into. If this is the case, we'll need prayer for divine energy/wakefulness!
We have a variety of schedule's to get together and so not all of the team members were able to attend this meeting, but we were able to fix that during our meeting. We have Indian Visa's to apply for, and no mandatory vaccinations. We also picked what we'd like to be heading well on this trip. I ended up doing prayer (our options were Worship, Drama, or Prayer). This does not mean if you do one, you're not involved in the other. Everyone will be in every group, just some will be responsible for specific things in the groups. Out of the three I am doing the Prayer one. I know, I know, I'm not doing the worship one. But as I said before, we'll all be involved in the different categories, we're just not all responsible for them.
So this is my latest update...we have future meeting days set up, plans for the trip itself, etc. We are moving ahead!
The airline we'll be using is Luftansa. I've heard it's a pretty good company, so I'm not too worried. (Not that I was in the first place, seeing as I LOVE flying!) We will be flying out of O'Hare to Frankfurt. After a 4.5 hr layover we will then go fly from Frankfurt to Chennai. Total combined flight time is: 17 hrs and 35 minutes. (Any suggestions for jet lag prevention will be more than welcome!)
Apparently last year the minute the India Team arrived, they had a 6 hour church service to jump into. If this is the case, we'll need prayer for divine energy/wakefulness!
We have a variety of schedule's to get together and so not all of the team members were able to attend this meeting, but we were able to fix that during our meeting. We have Indian Visa's to apply for, and no mandatory vaccinations. We also picked what we'd like to be heading well on this trip. I ended up doing prayer (our options were Worship, Drama, or Prayer). This does not mean if you do one, you're not involved in the other. Everyone will be in every group, just some will be responsible for specific things in the groups. Out of the three I am doing the Prayer one. I know, I know, I'm not doing the worship one. But as I said before, we'll all be involved in the different categories, we're just not all responsible for them.
So this is my latest update...we have future meeting days set up, plans for the trip itself, etc. We are moving ahead!
Comments
Post a Comment